Monday, March 31, 2014

IT"S MY STYLE MONDAY---BEAUTIFUL WOODSY EASTER TABLESCAPE

Well I am back in the North. What a flight. Thank goodness my sweet husband made sure I was in First Class on my return flight. Let's just say there was allot of motion going on. It was so bumpy that seat belts were always required, and the rear cabin received no snack or beverage service during the whole 3 hour flight. I was never so happy to hear the squeal of tires on the runway........we made it! YAY!

It's  MY STYLE blog day today and I wanted to have some fun.  I was up early and put together an Easter Tablescape for you that I hope you enjoy. While shopping a week ago in Williams Sonoma, I came across this beautiful tablecloth which was the inspiration for the tablescape today. 

The entire perimeter has a beautiful design. There are Easter bunnies, Lilies, and Dragonflies. I loved the subtle greens and golden yellows on the cream background. It's not always easy to work with any type of print on a tablecloth and a bit more challenging to display it in photos for your viewing. However, I tried as much as possible to capture glimpses here and there so you are able to see where my inspiration came from.

By keeping the center of the table very simple the beauty in the detail of the tablecloth becomes the a large part of the focal point. Simple Pussy Willows and bright yellow Daffodils compliment the woodsy feel that generates from the tablecloth design. I used rattan chargers that bring another more relaxed feel to the table by resembling wood.





 
I used a simple Spring brooch as a decorative feature on the yellow polka dot napkins instead of a napkin ring. This one happens to be one that belonged to my Grandmother.

The egg cups holding the beautiful brown eggs, a gift from my husband's tailor, Frank, who raises chickens.....love those fresh eggs! 

I hope you were inspired by today's Easter Table decor. Easter will be here before we know it!

Wishing you a wonderful day!

Kathleen

***Feel free to leave  a comment. I would love to hear from you!
 See you on Wednesday!






2 comments:

  1. Love the polka dot napkin also! Your china definitely adds to your Easter theme. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete