Friday, August 16, 2013

DIY Valances--Family Room Renovation

It never ceases to amaze me as I look back at the photos of when we took possession of our new home and compare them to what it looks like today!

When our realtor and I brought my husband to the house I walked him through all of the rooms and said, "Honey, this house has great bones, picture this and this and this."

After being married as many years as we have --36,  he still always looks at me, shakes his head, and says, "Are you sure?"  Well folks, I was sure! I was so sure I am sharing with you our final Family Room Fireplace wall complete with the side valances that I finished yesterday. Take a look at the BEFORE and AFTER photos and let me know what you think.

****I also want to note that an episode of HGTV "Love it or List it," just aired yesterday and they used my Mercier wood flooring in the home! Woot woot!

Hope you enjoy the photos----

**If you are interested in instructions on "how to" create these valances, please drop us a
message in the Comment section. I would be more than happy to provide this for you.


 

Family Room Fireplace BEFORE we purchased the home.

AFTER----Valances finally finished.........project finished! If you search our archives
you will find the Family Room complete Renovation project--start to finish!


 

 The wall on the right in this photo

showcases the two-story drapery I made prior to the valances. I wanted this wall to give the room a much more dramatic feel. Simple elegance!
HOME SWEET HOME!

 





5 comments:

  1. Wow! The valances turned our beautifully and really finished off the room so nicely! Love it! Another great DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely LOVE how this turned out!!!!! It looks stunning - belongs in a magazine! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want the "how to" instructions! I have one lone window on the first floor that needs something -- these are exactly what I have pictured!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want the "how to" instructions! These would be perfect for the one lone window without drapery on my first floor.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Kelli. So glad you like the valances! I will definitely post the "how to's" for you.

    ReplyDelete