Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Delicious Raspberry Bars!

There are some days when I just want to bake something sweetly delicious. When I feel like
this I make sure that it is something that my husband can take to the office for everyone to enjoy.
It is a win win situation, the office loves a sweet treat once in a while, and I won't partake
of too many bars by keeping them at home--which is also a good thing.

It was a particularly nice day yesterday, mid 70's, windows open and sun shining. I decided to pull one of my favorite Ina Garten (the Barefoot Contessa) recipes, Raspberry Crumble Bars.

Usually this recipe is baked in a 9-inch square baking pan, but since I was making this for the office, I doubled the recipe and used my 11 x 15 inch baking dish. Copy & paste this link for the recipe: http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/ina-garten/raspberry-crumble-bars-recipe/index.html


These bars are so easy to make. The photo above shows the lightly patted crust spread with raspberry jam. I used seedless as many people are not fans of the seeds in raspberries.
The recipe calls for 45 minutes to bake in the 9 inch pan, however, the baking time for my larger version was approx. 40 minutes. I suggest watching the bottom carefully so as not to
over bake.
Awwww------they smell so delicious when they are baking. I couldn't wait
for a sample with my morning coffee.
These delicious little raspberry bars are sitting on a "special tiered dish" that arrived at
my home last week, along with other goodies, from my dear friend
Patty J. in Minnesota. I love presents especially when
they are from the heart........thank you Patty for
 the beautiful gifts, but especially for your kind words of encouragement
as I venture into this new blog world!

I hope you all enjoy these sweet treats!



 



2 comments:

  1. They look delish! Wonder if they would freeze well? Beautiful pics and how thoughtful of your friend...nice gifts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Although I have not personally frozen these bars, I see no reason why they would not freeze well.

      Delete