Tuesday, April 13, 2021

KITCHEN ISLAND DECOR TOUCHES

Good Morning TLB friends!

I hope things are well in your world! Hubby and I are very grateful that both of us are fully immunized. My husband had no side affects, however, I was not as lucky. I was down for three days, but all is well now.

As most of you know we have three daughters. Two out of three are currently moving into new homes within a week of one another. Our oldest, that has our granddaughter, lives close to us here in Florida and has built a beautiful new home. Our youngest lives in Chicago and has just purchased a charming Row home. Our middle daughter and son-in-law live in Raleigh where they're beautiful southern brick home sits amongst the trees.

The world we are currently living in is so unpredictable.  We haven't seen our two daughters and son-in-law for quite some time. It's a great feeling to finally be able to visit them.

While I was getting ready for the trips I thought I would share a little "blog inspiration" with you.

I've been doing alot of browsing for unique decorating touches for the new house. I really don't like my kitchen island to be cluttered with paper.  I like to keep it clear of "stuff." While searching I found a unique idea that satisfied both my decorative side and de-clutter side.

I took the left corner of my island and created a very simple vignette. I found beautiful gold and white vases on Amazon. I purchased two different sizes, one large Imax 14797 Flynn Large Vase, White  and one medium, Sagebrook Home 12540-04 Ceramic Vase 8", White/Gold, 5.75 x 5.75 x 8 inches, but I still needed a small size, so I "shopped" my own home. 

A few years ago for Christmas my daughters gave me a gift from one of my favorite artists, Jill Rosenwald. It's a beautiful small vase that was painted in gold/white gingham plaid. It was called the "Jilly" vase. I currently did not find the vase in gold on Jill's website, however, she does paint custom orders if you like the gold.

https://www.jillrosenwald.com/collections/vases/products/gingham-plaid-jilly-cup-2

In the end I was pleased that this simple project added just the right touches I had envisioned for our island.


By going shopping in my own home, I was able to add a couple of "new" inexpensive pieces, making the vignette of "3" just the look I was searching for.

Don't forget to shop in your own home and if you don't find what you need AMAZON's choices are endless....it certainly makes life much easier!

Happy Shopping,

Kathleen




2 comments:

  1. Love your sweet vignette on your island. I shop my home all the time and move things around to get a new look. Glad you will be able to visit your kids now. Congrats to all of them on new and beautiful homes. I get my second shot today and hope I will be ok with the side effects. Have a great week. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      So nice to hear from you! Your comments are always so appreciated. I hope all is going well with you and your move. Also, very glad to hear you get your 2nd shot today...I'm sure you will be fine! I'm always in that small percentage of "side affects" category...ugh! Best of luck in all aspects of your life right now.
      Kathleen

      Delete