Thursday, September 24, 2020

IT'S TIME FOR FALL DECOR


Good Morning TLB friends,

Welcome back to TLB and our "fresh new look!" I couldn't have done 
this without the help of my savy daughter!

Today's blog has been a long time coming! The past year has been like a blur as I look back, and I've missed hearing from all of you! So here I am 
back in the "saddle again!" 



Yes, this is our finished home......well kind of finished! We are still contemplating adding a Nantucket stacked stone on the bottom of our porch posts, and black shutters.

We hired a landscaper to offer suggestions on how we could enhance the   
front landscaping package that the builder provided. I believe in using what is included with the build, and enhancing it by adding some of our own favorites. He suggested a Holley hedge in the back row, and Ixora's with bright orange flowers in the second row. The forefront plants are a perennial plant called "Blue My Mind." Ron and I both admired them in other yards we had seen and we just love the pop of blue against the dark mulch. (which we had the landscaper add)
 
The close-up below is the front left side of the driveway. Our landscaper planted three Gardenia bushes among the palms that were provided in the builder package. Ron and I are both fans of these gorgeous blooms with their beautiful scent, and they are more beautiful with the Blue My Mind ground cover in front of the white Gardenia blooms.


The photo below is the left side of the porch landscaping.The Beauclaire planters in front of the porch posts are from Ballard DesignsWe had a bare spot in front of the porch posts and these planters came to mind! I've always LOVED them! They're classic shield crest is timeless and they'll look great decorated for Christmas too!

Beauclaire Planter

I added some touches of Fall with my "go to pumpkin" that I painted 
for theTexas house, and decided it looked great at the Florida house too!

 


Below is just a snipet of my Fall porch decor. It's still a work in progress....
Last year I purchased this planter from https://www.studio-m.com/
I am not sure if it is still available this year or not.


Lots of hours of planning. Some of the building went well, some we are still contending with, but all in all "it's beginning to look like the "forever" home we had imagined!"




I hope I've inspired you a bit to start dusting off those Fall decorations and have some fun!

        Have a wonderful week!

                               Kathleen



  ***Sorry that my images appear a bit blurry, I'm working on fixing this.
 

8 comments:

  1. You house looks so sweet with your fall decor. Your pics do not look blurry to me. Have a great day. Happy Thursday. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Nice to see your pretty face!! Thanks so much for commenting. Glad the pics don't look blurry to you....maybe I need to get new glasses-haha! Happy Thursday to you too!

      Delete
  2. It looks absolutely "BEAUTIFUL" Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Sue-
      Thanks so much for visiting and your sweet compliment!

      Delete
  4. Kathleen I love everything about your new home. The colors, the layout just everything. Your backyard and pool have a lovely view too. I am so happy you are finding a feeling of being settled. Happy Fall. Hugs. Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris! Thanks so much!! So happy you like it. You, of all people know the work that goes into creating a new home.xxooKathleen

      Delete