Friday, April 21, 2017

A SPECIAL MOMENT

Welcome to Foodie Friday TLB friends!

In today's blog I am sharing a very special moment with my youngest daughter who knows
how crazy I am about Ina Garten! She hosted one of my favorite Food Network cooking shows, and I have every cookbook she has ever written!

My daughter surprised me with tickets to "An Evening with Ina Garten-The Barefoot Contessa," at the Rosemont Theatre in Illinois. It was a very special mother/daughter evening that I will never forget! 



To say I was excited is an understatement. It was an onstage interview celebrating her 10th book, "Cooking with Jeffrey." She was actually quite delightful with a terrific sense of humor. She spoke candidly about her personal life and how she became, "The Barefoot Contessa." It was quite an interesting and fun evening!


We received a copy of her book as we exited the theatre. I just couldn't wait to browse the pages of her recipes, and also read her stories on how the recipes were created for Jeffrey and her friends.

I was so excited that when I flew home from Chicago, our neighbor had invited us over for dinner and I thought, "oh dear.....what do I bring." She was grilling steaks, so immediately my mind went to my new cookbook in search of a side dish. I chose the most delightful salad, Fiesta Corn & Avocado. Just take a peek at this.....


It was outstanding; fresh, tangy, and quite delicious! My neighbors raved about this, and texted me the next day that she "had" to have the recipe! She and her hubby both loved it too!

If you are looking for a new cookbook that will not disappoint, add "Cooking for Jeffrey" to your list of "must haves!" 



You will find Ina's recipe here:


Bon Appetit!

Kathleen















No comments:

Post a Comment