Friday, September 9, 2016

FOOD AND FRIENDS

Welcome......

One thing that moving makes you do, is sort!! As I was perusing my old cookbooks, I came across a tattered, paper spiral bound cookbook, that was gifted to me in 1992 from "my Ohio bestie" Pam. 

We moved to Ohio from Western NY in 1988, and became neighbors with Pam and her family who had moved from Illinois. We were two of many transplants in Springboro that bound together, forming the greatest circle of friends, with many of us remaining friends to this day!



In 1992 Pam gifted me a cookbook from Anne M. Jeans School in Burr Ridge, Illinois. Inside the front cover reads, October 1992, Love Pam. My book looks a little worn and stained, but those are the best kind of books, those with the old recipes that spark a memory from a special moment in time.



We used to meet at the school bus stop in the morning and sometimes would be there when
my youngest came home after 1/2 day of kindergarten. We could talk for hours. The years have passed, and we've only been able to see each other a handful of times since we
both relocated, but our friendship will always hold a special place in my heart.

Since I came across Pam's cookbook I've been thinking about her. I thought it might be nice to choose a recipe from her book for Foodie Friday this week. Since Fall is upon us, I thought a pumpkin recipe might be nice.....so today's feature is a Pumpkin-Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe that originated in Illinois!

This is for you Pam!!!


And here is the recipe!



Do you have a favorite recipe from an old friend? Please feel free to share it with me along with your story about your friendship. I'll be sharing your stories of Food and Friends on some of my Foodie Friday posts that will hold the title, Food and Friends! 

Please feel free to email your story to me at:  thelavenderbouquet@gmail.com. I will keep you posted as to when you will be featured.


Here's a pic of Pam and me from a couple years ago.......




Have a wonderful weekend!

                            Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment