Friday, December 4, 2015

MAKE YOUR HOME COZY HOLIDAY

Hello TLB friends!

This is my favorite time of year......I love decorating for the holidays! As I pull the bins out of the "Christmas Room," (as my husband affectionately calls my storage room dedicated to all things Christmas) I treat each year as a new canvas to create something cozy and beautiful. When I open the bins it's like going shopping every year.

Vignettes are so easy to create.....my dining room china cabinet is so simple filled with holiday themed china and crystal pieces.....add a wreath to the cabinet hardware...easy and festive!


By adding glittery ornaments, and crystal decorative pieces to the dining table and the addition of boxwood wreaths to the back of the chairs, is not only easy but displays a powerful statement.



My love for shiny things that twinkle in dimly lit rooms continues as they are placed throughout our home as seen on our mantel below also.



The open staircase is of course a focal point as seen as you enter our NJ home. Simple garland greens draped with delicate pearl strands, Houndstooth bows, and of course tiny white lights that glisten like snow.....


As lovely as the NJ home staircase was.....here's a sneak peek at an example quite similar of what our TX staircase will look like........it will be ready to decorate next year!



I place fresh Poinsettias throughout our home in various sizes to add that beautiful pop of red color. I'm such a traditional girl when it comes to Christmas decorating. There are two things that are must haves for me; a fresh cut tree and brilliant red Poinsettias.


Cluttered kitchens are not my thing. I strategically place items around, just enough to give those special holiday touches. A simple Rosemary plant cut in the shape of a Christmas tree is beautiful and useful too!


When I added the chalkboard wall in the kitchen, it made the perfect backdrop for some
simple holiday touches using a 3 tiered cookie stand filled with festive touches.


Creating vignettes on sofa tables in the family room are easy. Each year I change them up with different holiday items. A favorite Villeroy and Boch Santa plate started as my focal point. The touch of crystal is an antique candy dish.....a gift from my Mother.


Adding a festive touch to a coffee table is simple......a gold tray, church cloche', and festive greens with lights.


I hope you've enjoyed some of these ideas for cozy festive touches that you can add to your home too! Instead of placing your decor in the "same" areas throughout your home year after year, why not try something new this year! 

Have fun making your home "cozy holiday!"

Kathleen

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful. Looks very cozy and special for the holidays.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathleen, I just saw your comment at Jemma's blog this morning and popped over to welcome you to Texas. Now...I saw your Southfork tour and have to tell you that I'm pretty darn close to that. We live in Rockwall. Where are you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey,
      So nice to meet you! We are building near Southlake and can't wait to move from temporary housing to the new house in late Spring.
      Merry Christmas!

      Delete
  3. OK, I really thought my house was festively decorated until I saw this! Back to work I go!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Patty Mark,
    I am sure your home is beautiful and very festive!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete