Monday, June 15, 2015

ALL AMERICAN TABLESCAPE

In just a few short weeks we'll be celebrating the 4th of July! The glorious commemoration of our adoption of the Declaration of Independence. The day we declared our independence from Great Britain. It's a great ALL AMERICAN day marked with everything red, white and blue! Cities are full of parades and fireworks. And families gather together to enjoy the first warm weather  of the summer for those first picnics. 




Tablescapes come alive with bold bright colors. 


Who doesn't love to host a party al fresco? There's nothing like a beautiful sunny day or an evening sky full of stars as a backdrop for a terrific party. 



I couldn't resist these sweet lobster print plates that add just the right combination of color to my simple white dinner plates and navy chargers. Of course lobster is so messy, I found these great kitchen towels that "stand in" for the typical cloth napkin.


Bouquets of patriotic colored flowers are easily accessible at local grocery stores and farmer's markets this time of year. I bought 3 bouquets and combined them creating one large bouquet.... blue tinted hydrangeas, white babies breath, and red roses...how perfect! The patriotic star on a stick is from Dollar General.







What's your vision for your ALL AMERICAN tablescape this 4th of July? Are you bold and bright like I am?

                                                    Wishing you a beautiful day!


              Kathleen
                                                

5 comments:

  1. Kathleen, I love your fishing float flower vessel - where did you source that? Last year, I had some r/w/b in my sunroom from Memorial Day to the 4th (mostly textiles - pillows, quilt throw), and I couldn't wait to get it out - it just felt so out of place in my overall decor, a bit contrived. I do like celebrating our colors, so maybe I'll just tone it down a bit this year (how about a lot of white, lol) and leave the color with the table accessories for our cookout style buffet service.Your table looks great, and I really like those blue chargers. This looks very inviting for a Southern boil or lobster feast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita,
      Thanks so much! Love your ideas. Both the chargers and the flower vessel are from HOMEGOODS! Gotta love that store! Have a wonderful day!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Kathleen,
    Your table is gorgeous. Love the pretty colors with the whimsy of the lobster plates. Looks awesome.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris! It was all a great score from HOMEGOODS! I love it when a plan comes together!!
      Kathleen :)

      Delete
  3. A beautiful red-white-and-blue table, with a magical setting. Gorgeous and festive!

    ReplyDelete