Friday, May 29, 2015

SCRUMPTIOUS PEACH CAKE

We went to visit our oldest daughter last weekend. While we were driving, I spotted a roadside stand selling Georgia peaches! I LOVE Georgia peaches!! We stopped and bought enough for some snacking as well as for a recipe that I've been wanting to share with you.....Easy Summer Peach Cake





The recipe is quick, easy and so pretty. I love the peach hues in the frosting and the delicious bits of peaches baked throughout. I have noted where I made changes to the recipe that worked out well for me.  

INGREDIENTS:



CAKE:

1    box white cake mix
1    3.5 oz. pkg. instant peach gelatin (this is the sugar-free version) (I used regular Peach          JELLO instead of sugar-free)
1    cup milk
5    eggs
2/3 cup butter, melted
2-3 peaches, peeled and diced (you can also use canned) (I used 3 small peaches, but after baking the cake felt as if I would add +2 more, because I would like to see more peach chunks in the cake.) This is entirely up to your taste.

In a large bowl, mix together the white cake mix and peach gelatin. With a hand mixer, blend in the milk and then each egg. Add the melted butter and blend until well combined.
Fold in diced peaches. 

Pour batter into a greased 9 x 13 inch baking pan. Bake for 35 minutes. (In my oven it took only 25 minutes). 



Completely cool the cake before frosting.



Frosting:

1    8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, room temperature
4    tbsp. butter, room temperature
1/2 cup white sugar (See my note below.)
5    tbsp. peach juice, peach liquor, or 1-3.5 oz. instant peach gelatin (optional) (See my             notes below.)

Blend the cream cheese and butter together until smooth. Add the sugar, blend until well combined. If you want more peach flavor, add peach juice, peach liquor or another package of gelatin to the frosting. (Instead of using white sugar I used 1/2  pkg. of a regular peach JELLO and the sweetness was perfect...it also gave the frosting a nice peach hue.)





Enjoying fresh fruits and veggies that are in season is the best! Get your Georgia peaches now....their season officially started on May 13th! 

                                        
                                                              Kathleen


The original recipe may be found at:
http://growingupgabel.com/easy-summer-peach-cake/







1 comment: