Monday, January 5, 2015

HAPPY NEW YEAR FROM LONGWOOD GARDENS

I hope you all enjoyed your holidays and are ready for an awesome 2015! 



Before we embark on our 2015 journey together I'd like to share some photos from our family trip to Longwood Gardens, "A Longwood Christmas," during the holidays.

Longwood Gardens is located in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania. The founder, Pierre S. 
du Pont was one of the country's most influential gardeners. From the beautiful gardens to the 4-acre Conservatory, to the splendor of the evening light displays.....it is a sight that is enjoyed by all ages.

Come walk with my family and me.....let's start at the Conservatory........I love the snowflakes hanging from the evergreens......



Inside the conservatory you will see many displays like these below...beautiful both during the day and evening hours.





The poinsettias both Santa Red and White were displayed throughout on trees as well as in planters.


There are many lit paths taking you to breathtaking light displays. They are simply stunning........








I hope you've enjoyed a little peek into the beauty at Longwood Gardens. All year long the gardens feature displays and exhibitions for all to enjoy.

Don't forget to put Longwood Gardens on your "to do" list. You won't be disappointed!

   Kathleen





4 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos, Kathleen! I love the one inside, with all the white and green, and the sun coming through the glass! What kind of camera & setting do you use to get such crisp nighttime photos (love the last two especially!). I've never been there, but the place looks gorgeous. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rita! I am using a Canon SX50HS camera. My camera was a gift for my birthday so I am still in the learning phase. So glad you enjoyed the photos. You would LOVE Longwood Gardens.
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Wow Kathleen what a gorgeous place. Loved looking at all the pictures you took. Soooo pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      So glad you enjoyed the photos. It truly is a beautiful place.
      Kathleen

      Delete