Monday, November 3, 2014

WEEK #2-DIY CHRISTMAS ORNAMENT

Good Morning Monday friends!

It's a beautiful Fall day here today. The sun is shining with a cold windy breeze, but it sure is pretty from inside!



Today's blog is Week #2 of inexpensive DIY Christmas ornaments. 

When I buy napkins for an event I always over buy. I have stacks of napkins leftover from every occasion. As I was considering what ornament to make for the DIY project today I thought I'd try using some of my holiday napkins.

Since I've already purchased my box of ornaments and have napkins and Modpodge in my stock pile, it was an easy decision. I'm making a DIY Modpodge ornament.

Because the coverage area is small for an ornament I chose a napkin with lots of different size prints on it.




After cutting the napkin into pieces, tear off the white backing. Apply the Modpodge to areas on the ornament working from side to side, top to bottom. I chose my designs carefully so that the actual design did not overlap covering one another. Smooth the napkin as much as possible as you glue. I used a dry brush for this.





The final result.........




There you have it. Another easy and inexpensive ornament that would make a great gift or look beautiful on your tree.

Wishing you a wonderful week!

Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment