Wednesday, November 19, 2014

CRUSHING ON MY NEW PUMPKIN COFFEE CREAMER

Good Morning Friends,

Hope you're enjoying your week!

This time of year I find myself craving pumpkin everything. How about you? Every weekend hubby and I hit one of the large coffee chains for an early Saturday morning coffee together.


You know that great coffee smell that hits you as soon as you enter the door? Well, in the Fall with all of the pumpkin signage that hangs around the store, the power of suggestion overtakes me and I find myself wishing for a taste of pumpkin anything in my coffee. 

I typically add just a touch of cream so my coffee is not sweet. Unfortunately, if I do want a taste of pumpkin in my coffee it comes in the form of a sugary syrup. Darn!

Have you ever wondered what was in that syrup?  I'm sure the ingredients are locked away in a vault somewhere.

In search of the perfect sugar-free Pumpkin Spice Coffee creamer I hit the internet. I found tons of recipes, but one in particular caught my eye. It's made with lots of spices that we associate with Fall, unsweetened Almond Milk (oh so good for you),heavy whipping cream, a couple tablespoons of pure pumpkin and a bit of sweetener in the form of Swerve or Splenda. It's also really easy to make........

Does that sound good?


Here's the recipe:

http://www.cutthewheat.com/2013/09/pumpkin-spice-coffee-creamer-low-carb.html

If you're in the mood for a bit of Fall Spices and pumpkin in your coffee, head to the grocery store, and grab the ingredients for this quick and easy creamer. It keeps fresh in an air tight container in the frig for up to two weeks.

Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment