Monday, October 6, 2014

DIY TULLE HALLOWEEN WREATH

Good Morning Friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend! It's all about Halloween today. I was in Michael's a few weeks ago, just as they were stocking the shelves with all of the Halloween goodies. I saw the cutest Halloween wreath made with tulle. Yes, like the tulle in ballerina dresses! I loved the colors and it sure looked like a quick DIY......so I thought I would share it with you.

At the time I spotted the wreath there were no directions posted with how to make it. The sales girl that made the sample walked me through how she made it. I added a bit more detail that should make the project a bit easier for you.

Items you will need for the project:
3- spools of 6" wide tulle (1-orange, 1-purple, 1 black)
1- 12" foam wreath
Decor to attach--I used a spider

Directions:

1. Cut tulle into 20" long strips. I used about 32-35 per color.
2. Alternating tulle orange, black, purple pattern, add each strip of tulle to the wreath with a lark's head knot keeping them tightly pushed together. If you are not sure how to tie this know you may find it here on UTUBE--
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyzUmetVJFA
3. Trim the tulle ends when you are finished so they are the same length and glue on your choice of spooky decoration.
4. I used an extra piece of tulle to hang the wreath on my door.



It's as easy as this............



I think I may add some more creepy bugs or eyeballs to make it look more scary. Have fun and decorate yours with your own personal touches.

Have a wonderful day!


Kathleen

*****THANKS FOR STOPPING BY!  

No comments:

Post a Comment