Monday, September 1, 2014

FALL FOYER DECOR

Good Morning and Welcome to Labor Day! I hope you are all planning a wonderful day of celebration. 

I can hardly believe it's the 1st of September. With our summer packed with so much travel it seemed to just fly by. I must say I am ready for a few cool days. The kind of days filled with sunshine but a slight chill in the air. My favorite time of year here in the north.

Last week I carried all of my Fall decorations into my dining room and set up shop. I divided everything by category so that I could quickly grab what I needed ie. leaves, pumpkins, garland, twigs, etc. 

I thought I would start in the foyer this year. It's not as daunting as some of the other spaces. I have a beautiful blue and white porcelain vase that I wanted to keep on my chest. I just so happen to love crimson and orange with blue........and my trusty Fall pile of goodies certainly was full of that palette. Take a look......




Using a burlap placemat grounds the vase and brought more of a casual feel to the vignette.




I filled my Ethan Allen vessel with leaves of all kinds, some sparkly fall garland and topped it all of with a shiny metallic gold pumpkin. Then added a small Irish crystal vase filled with Bittersweet for another little shiny accent.



 And it was as easy as that!

Please leave us a comment and let us know what you think of this easy Fall foyer vignette! What is your color palette this Fall?

Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen

***Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit. Stop by anytime and tell your friends about us! 

8 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    Thanks for the invite over to visit! I'm so glad I stopped by to see you lovely vignette. I agree, orange looks so great with blue and white! I have not decided on any of my decorations this year other than using owls on the front porch. Now that's it now September, I need to get a move on! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane,
      Thanks so much for your sweet comments and for stopping by to visit! I have a little something special planned with a little owl also....I'll be looking forward to more beautiful Fall decor from you! xx

      Delete
  2. SO gorgeous! I love the brilliant blue with the orange folliage. If you want to, I'd love for you to share this at Motivational Monday: http://thediymommy.com/motivational-monday-14-craft-diy-home-decor-link-party/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christina,
      Thank you so much for stopping by TLB and leaving us such a lovely comment!! I appreciate your invitation so much.....I've already hopped over and submitted my Fall Foyer on Motivational Monday. I LOVE your blog and have already signed up to follow you!

      Delete
  3. Beautiful decor! I've been having a hard time getting ready for fall and wanting to decorate, but this helps me get in the mood so much more! I'm in love with that gold pumpkin, I will be using gold as a decor color this year. Thanks so much for linking up with us at Motivational Monday! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda,
      Thank you so much for stopping by and your sweet comments. Glad to be of help....Go GOLD!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  4. What a beautiful way to greet your guests! I love the color combination. XO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christy,
      Thank you so much! As I was creating the vignette I was looking for something that would WOW the guests s they enter. I really appreciate your compliments. Please stop by again!
      Kathleen

      Delete