Monday, July 7, 2014

TLB'S COLORFUL BLOOMS--GRECIAN URNS & MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY!

I hope you all had a wonderful 4th of July weekend! 

BEAUTIFUL MEMORABLE BIRTHDAY

The girls all came home and we spent some great family time together. The temps were in the 90's and one of our air conditioners decided to quit, but never fear, the girls had a plan.

They hopped in the car and made a 911 trip to Wal-Mart, grabbed a pool and all of the makings for a great Strawberry Daiquiris and what a wonderful BIRTHDAY it turned out to be! I love our creative daughters!!




The celebration continued inside when my hubby and daughters continued to amaze me. The girls decorated the house and made my favorite cupcakes! The recipe is something my Mom has used for years and can be found on the Hershey's cocoa can. Our family is obsessed with them. YUMMY!

If you didn't already know I am a big Coco Chanel fan and have been for years. Take a look at how my youngest decorated the cupcakes and the adorable picks that she found to decorate them with on Etsy!



The girls all found poems and phrases that were either my favorites or something they felt was appropriate for me on Etsy, and then framed them. They made them for my TLB office. I just love them!!! 



  COLORFUL BLOOMS & GRECIAN URNS

Today's blog is all about everything that I planted 6 weeks ago. Marigolds are now a sea of yellow as you walk up the sidewalk to the front door. I chose Marigolds for a couple of reasons. #1 Deer don't like them and #2 they are so easy to care for. Food, water and dead heading and they will produce blooms into the Fall.



The urns on the porch each contain a burgundy spike, several Marigolds, two Petunia vines, and two Licorice plants. 

We have used the same urns for the past 4 homes on our porches. I just LOVE them! They are quite heavy and are made of a molded composite material. They originally were the color of "old"  concrete Grecian urns. My husband spray painted them last year for me because black looked much more appealing with this house. I love the details in the urn.






Last year we had Boxwoods planted around the perimeter and one side of the house. Our thoughts are to grow them to windowsill height and let them grow together into a nice tailored hedge.I love a beautiful brick home with a nicely manicured hedge! Boxwood is something deer won't eat...so one day, God willing, there will be a hedge. Until then it's fun to watch them flourish.

Well, that about wraps up the color in the front yard. I am waiting for the second crop of Midnight Salvia (in the forefront of the photo) to bloom once again. And in front of them is a row of the yellow Marigolds. Keeping it simple is what I'm all about!

Wishing you a colorful day!

Kathleen

****Thanks so much for stopping by. See you on Wednesday for a great DIY pantry project!


4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Kathleen. Looks like your girls and hubby made the day really special. Love the cupcakes too cute. Your front flowers look so pretty. Have a great start to the new week ahead.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris! It was a great weekend! Wishing you a great week also!

      Delete
  2. You daughters and husband did a great job. The cupcakes with the Coco Channel toppers are gorgeous as well as the framed messages. I am glad that you had a great birthday, Kathleen!
    Of course, the flowers and garden of yours are impeccable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Denise! Your wonderful comments are so appreciated! Have a great week!

      Delete