Monday, July 28, 2014

FRESH BASIL PESTO

Welcome back from the weekend my friends! Hope you all had a great relaxing time. We had a wonderful time visiting with our youngest daughter in Chicago. It's always nice to spend time with the girls and in Chicago we are never lacking for something to do.

Last Monday I used my huge pot of Basil for a centerpiece at Summer Dinner Tablescape. This week, the Basil is gone, but never fear, it was made into something so good you'll want to cut your Basil down too!

I made a Fresh Basil Pesto. It's full of all of the yummy things you think of when you taste a really delicious pesto; grated Parmesan-Reggiano, pine nuts and garlic. The fact that it's so easy to make assures me of always having a stash on hand for those last minute meals.





***Recipe may be found at:  http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/fresh_basil_pesto/
THANK YOU!

There are so many easy ways to use pesto....add it to pasta, serve it on baquettes, and I love it with veggies. Whatever way you enjoy pesto, get busy and make it today...what could be easier?

Hope you enjoyed today's blog! See you back on Wednesday with my Powder Room DIY project.

Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment