Wednesday, July 30, 2014

DIY-THRIFT STORE CORBEL SHELVES

I hope your week has been going well. I'm getting the house ready for weekend guests. Our friends from Florida will be joining us along with our oldest daughter. I'm looking forward to a busy weekend!

I have an easy DIY to share with you today! My last trip to the thrift store resulted in a purchase of 2 corbel shelves. They were in great shape, a terrific price at $3.00 each, and just what I needed for the powder room wall. 


I decided to spray paint them a Metallic Pure Gold color and added a sponging of Bark Brown Acrylic Paint to them. They blend nicely with the Ralph Lauren inspired wallpaper. 

I added a bit of aqua blue painted coral to one shelf.


And kept the second shelf vase more of monochromatic shade.


The crown molding is a deep brown contrast to the wallpaper so the metallic gold shelves with a hint of the bark brown paint blend nicely. The wallpaper is such a bold print it's a bit difficult to find accessories that compliment it.


Simple vignette on top of the toilet.


And that's my DIY for today....1 set of corbel shelves, 1 can of Metallic Gold paint, and a tiny bit of Bark Brown sponge paint. Easy and very inexpensive!!

Have you been thrifting lately? If I go with an open mind I can find so much that can easily and inexpensively be transformed into the perfect treasure I have been looking for.

Wishing you a creative day!

Kathleen

**** Remember we also have a Facebook page, THE LAVENDER BOUQUET, where I post many great ideas that don't appear on the blog. Check us out and remember to LIKE our page! You may also subscribe to the blog so that it is delivered directly to your inbox. Just fill in the box on the right hand side of the blog where it says EMAIL. Hope you enjoyed today's blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment