Monday, June 2, 2014

SUCCULENTS IN THE DINING ROOM FOR SPRING!

I can't believe it's Monday! I'm not sure where the weekend went. I flew to Florida yesterday and am spending the week here. Our oldest daughter will be with me for a few days, so we will be busy!

I have been noticing a really big trend lately toward succulent plants. They are everywhere! I asked my husband if he liked them and he said, "yes." I thought maybe we should get on the bandwagon and decorate a bit with them. Of course, they also are great outside.

It was time for the Dining Room table to be brought into the Spring fold, so I thought this would be the perfect place to introduce them. The nice thing about these plants is that they take very little care. I noticed on Pinterest they are used everywhere, from wreaths and centerpieces, to hanging plants, and I even saw some in a birdcage!

Well, I have a birdcage.......and now I have succulents! It was a fun little vignette to put together. Of course, you all know me, I have to add just a touch of color to bring it all together.


SUCCULENTS IN THE DINING ROOM FOR SPRING


The runner on my table is from our trip to Portugal. I love using it, as it adds a bit of elegance to the table. It's all hand stitched and every time I look at it I am amazed at the detail.  Of course the Waterford crystal candlesticks and Galway crystal vases are all from hubby's travels abroad. 







Hope you enjoyed the pics today......now go grab some succulents and have some fun like I did.

Have a wonderful Monday! See you Wednesday from sunny Florida!

Kathleen


No comments:

Post a Comment