Monday, June 2, 2014

CHANGING UP THE COFFEE TABLE FOR SPRING!

Spring and "springtime" to me are like the most exciting time of the year. I love as the trees unfold with their beautiful leaves, bulbs pop out of the ground, the birds are chirping and the smell of fresh mown grass permeates the air.

When the outside plantings are done it's time to move inside the house adding a bit of Spring here and there. With the dining room finished, the mantle and the entertainment center completed, I thought a fresh new coffee table vignette would be in order. 

I am slowly gravitating towards adding blue in phases into our family room. Making the change on the coffee table helps pull the entertainment center into the "blue" fold too.

I found this great blue leather tray at Homegoods. By adding my Orrefors crystal bowl (a gift from my sister and brother-in-law) filled with green apples for a nice contrast, a Galway crystal rose bowl filled with fresh flowers, a coordinating navy spined book and an Eiffel tower coaster the vignette was complete.  By using things that I had on hand, it was a very inexpensive change and really introduces another touch of blue into the room.



It's so easy to make impactful, subtle changes in your home. Sometimes it's as easy as opening drawers and exploring closets to find these great treasures.

Wishing you a wonderful day of exploring!

Kathleen

***Many thanks for sharing your day with us at The Lavender Bouquet. Stop back on Foodie Friday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment