Wednesday, June 18, 2014

MY MOST FAVORITE PRACTICAL GIFT

Hope your week is going well. I am having a ball because our middle daughter is spending some time with us this week. It's always such a treat when the girls are home. This daughter has been quite busy balancing a full-time job and grad school....so we are lucky to steal her away for a week!

In today's blog I want to share something with you that has become one of my most favorite practical gifts ever. 

While our family was in Napa our daughters bought us a beautiful lazy susan. Not your run of the mill lazy susan, but one made from an oak wine barrel from V. Sattui Winery. It has a beautiful finish and blends well with our kitchen table....almost like it was made for it.

Since it is usually just the two of us for meals, my simple fix to both protect the table and jazz up our place setting is to use placemats. I have tons of colors, fabrics, and shapes....you could say I am a collector of placemats! Anyway, with the addition of our beautiful lazy susan, I no longer need a placemat in the center of the table. And instead of passing the dishes of food, we swirl the lazy susan around. It's truly the greatest!



I know it's the little things that tickle me.......but why not consider a lazy susan for your table? Some of you much craftier than myself could probably make one just as beautiful.

Well, back to my daughter and our day of fun! 

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!


Kathleen

***** Thanks for stopping by to visit. Remember to stop back on Foodie Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    What a beautiful Lazy Susan. It looks gorgeous on your table and what a wonderful remembrance of your trip to Napa. Have a wonderful week ahead.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kris Junkchiccottage! Good times were had by all!

      Delete