Monday, March 3, 2014

It's Mod Podge Monday.......Check out our DIY Vases & Springtime Placesetting!

My husband and I traveled to our Florida house this weekend. A little change of scenery from the snowscapes to the beautiful palm trees and 80 degree weather has been wonderful.  Not only did we get to see our Florida friends, but we also got to spend a few days with old friends from our Perrysburg, Ohio days. I think it is safe to say, a good time was had by all!

Whenever I am in the warmth of the South during the winter months, I find myself longing for Spring flowers, and the bright colors of Springtime. With that in mind, I managed to find an interesting DIY project involving Mod Podge. I started with Dollar Store vases.........and one squeeze bottle of Mod Podge from Michaels.

Pour Mod Podge into the vase and swirl it around.  
Swirl to coat entire inside of vase and let dry.
The result is a beautiful sheer pink glossy finish. The actual pink is a bit lighter and more pastel than the photograph.  
I have plans to use these vases with all of my fresh cut flowers up North, but until then I created a Springlike table setting to showcase the vase.  I built this tablesetting using the white Mikasa plate as my foundation, then a Lenox aqua luncheon plate that I purchased in Home Goods in the center, and topped it off with my Noritake wedding china dessert plate. Look at all of that Springtime color!

Now run to Michaels and the Dollar Tree to create your very own easy and colorful vases for your home.

                        Happy Mod Podging.....and a very HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my baby brother!

                                                                       Kathleen

***Thank you for stopping by The Lavender Bouquet. Feel free to leave us a comment. Please come again!


No comments:

Post a Comment