Monday, February 3, 2014

Avoid the Winter Blues with Color!

Punxsutawney Phil may have popped out of his burrow Sunday morning and predicted six more weeks of winter, but that doesn't mean that the inside of our homes must stay so dreary. Flowers and plants can add such a nice "punch of color" in quite an easy and inexpensive way.

My husband and I took a trip to Trader Joe's yesterday. I couldn't resist the bunches of Forsythia branches with tiny buds ready to be "forced" to bloom in a vase of water. Looking further, the entire wall was full of beautiful Tulips and Daffodils also. Needless to say, they were calling my name so we left with several bouquets to fill the large pitcher in our kitchen. I added a very special "pink" plate that was a gift from my husband when we took a trip to The Greenbriar, in West Virginia. The bright plate blends nicely with the pinks, yellows and whites in the bouquet....all colors I love in the Springtime!


Adding color in the winter in the form of a plant or bouquet can be just what we need to chase away the "winter blues." Plants such as Primroses give a beautiful showing of blooms from now through Spring also. Their tiny vibrant hues brighten any area they are displayed in.

Now run along to your grocery store or floral shop and grab a beautiful bright plant or bouquet of something full of color. I promise you, the "winter blues" will disappear when you add the splendor of God's gift of color to any room!

Wishing you a colorful day!

Kathleen

***I hope you are enjoying my blogs. Feel free to leave a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I couldn't agree more with you. We're celebrating a birthday this weekend and I can't think of a better way to bring color to the table than Spring flowers! My favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Came home yesterday to a vase full of multi-colored tulips! Jim's sister and brother-in-law are visiting from New Jersey and they left them on my windowsill. Amazing how a few dollars in tulips can give you such a warm feeling when you walk in the door after a long day at work and a slippery ride home! Thanks again, Katie, for your gift of creativity! Patty Johanneck

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patty, good luck at the birthday this weekend and don't your flowers!

    ReplyDelete