Wednesday, January 8, 2014

DIY with Katie



Do you wish you were more organized in different areas of your life? I do. One of my major New Year’s resolutions is to become just that.  Last year I got a little lax with keeping track of all of my appointments. For some reason I never recorded things on any of my calendars. I have no excuse. I do carry an IPhone, I do have a desk calendar, and even a small Hallmark booklet can be found in that darn oversized handbag that gave me Poshitis! (A phrase adopted from the large handbags used by "Victoria" herself.)


This year I vowed to start anew. My first step was to clear the junky mess from the inside of my pantry door and create something much prettier and useful. I hate clutter so why did I allow this to happen over the year? Hopefully I will stay organized and never have to see a mess like this again.


I purchased a bulletin board from Wal-Mart, some fabric and black upholstery pins from JoAnn Fabric and got to work.
 


1. This is the inside of my pantry BEFORE---an embarrassing mess!

2.  The items I used—fabric, 3M adhesive (for securing to the door), and Alene adhesive patches, and black upholstery tacks. 
 
3.   Lay the fabric under the bulletin board and cut the fabric leaving about a 1" border to fold under.

4.  Press the edge.

5. Flip the fabric over applying it to the right side of the bulletin board. I used one upholstery tack every 1" around the perimeter. Remember to keep the fabric taut as you secure it.


                                                                So easy!



After adding my calender, a gift from my husband for Christmas...... I secured the heart shaped memo pad with a piece of the Alene sticky pad, and added a pen on a string secured to the push pin at the top of the calender. I'm always searching for a pen so I thought this would be another step to help keep me organized!

I hope this segment inspires you to take the first step in the process of starting your New Year on the right foot.

See you on Foodie Friday.

ENJOY!


Kathleen


Thank you for taking the time to stop by. Feel free to leave a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Love it! I just have a corkboard on the inside of my pantry cupboard as well :)
    Now, to search for pretty material! I'm seeing a french country print! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete