Monday, January 13, 2014

An Easy "Sweet Message Vignette" for Valentine's Day!



Home is where the heart is!


Our homes reflect who we are and what is important to us. Our love is reflected from our tabletops filled with family photos, to our cozy furnishings that make us feel a sense of calm as we walk through the door.

I have never been much of a Valentine's Day decorator. The extent of my decorating was a homemade wreath on the door when the kids were little and baking cookies for them to take to a school party. But Valentine's Day cards, an occasional chocolate treat, and candy hearts were always a staple.

I purchased a few very simple items to make this Valentine vignette. I headed to ShopRite for the beautiful Paperwhites, and the Dollar Tree and JoAnn Fabrics for the simple hanging and stick ornament hearts. No Valentines Day would be complete without picking up a bag of candy heart messages of course. I scouted my drawers for faux pearls and found the "bling of a ring" from my husband tucked away. All culminating in very little dollars spent but leaving just a little "sweet message" for a very special day!


After I purchased the frame (Home Goods) I found this beautiful verse on the front of a card and decided to frame it. "We do not find the meaning of life by ourselves alone we find it with another." I added the silver heart (JoAnn Fabrics) engraved with Love, Laugh, Live by simply applying a bit of glue. This makes a very inexpensive Valentine gift also.

 ENJOY!
 



Hugs and Kisses- 
                                               Kathleen
 

 


2 comments:

  1. Love the idea, Katie! I think I may have some old valentines that I got from Jim that I may do the framing idea.
    Hugs to you, too!
    Patty

    ReplyDelete
  2. Patty....what a wonderful idea! They will look beautiful framed.

    ReplyDelete