Friday, December 6, 2013

Foodie Friday----Maple Syrup--It's not just for Breakfast Anymore!

My husband received our first Christmas gift in the mail a couple of days ago. It was from our dear friends from Vermont. The box was a bit heavy as the postman handed it to me, so I couldn't wait for my husband to get home from work to open it. All of my family members will tell you that I am just like a child at Christmastime no matter how old I get!

When my husband came through the door I told him there was a package for him. Knowing how excited I get about packages he opened the box immediately. Inside was 1/2 gallon of VERMONT Pure Maple Syrup.  How delightful.......there is nothing like "pure" maple syrup on just about everything! Many thanks to the Jansen's for thinking of us during this holiday season!

I immediately started browsing recipes that contained maple syrup and found two of them that I made and am sharing with you today. One is a delicious cookie, Quebec Maple Pecan Drops, which I will be adding to the list of Christmas cookies that I make each year now. http://recipes.howstuffworks.com/quebec-maple-pecan-drops-recipe.htm 
I also found  a beautiful, delicious breakfast granola,  Nekisia Davis' Olive Oil and Maple Granola.
 http://food52.com/recipes/15831-nekisia-davis-olive-oil-and-maple-granola.

Both recipes were easy to make and delicious!  I am saving the granola for our Christmas morning breakfast, but the cookies went to the office with my husband and received rave reviews. There are tons of ways to use maple syrup in recipes---------Maple Syrup isn't just for breakfast anymore!

I hope I have encouraged you to buy some delicious Maple Syrup and make some of these delectable delights or some of your own!

Have a wonderful weekend!

ENJOY!



No comments:

Post a Comment