Monday, December 9, 2013

DECORATING OUR FRONT PORCH FOR CHRISTMAS!


This year I decided to change up the traditional wreath from using one to adding three to the front door. I used a wide burlap red Chevron patterned ribbon (WalMart) to anchor the background of the wreaths on the black door.

The wreaths are filled with a variety of different types of evergreen branches and a touch of red berries. We purchased these at the tree farm where we bought our big Frazier Fir for the family room. They are just beautiful the way they are so I chose not to add any decorations to them. I love simple greens!

The black side urns that flank the front door are filled with lit cedar topiaries, and evergreen garland with multi-colored ornaments. By adding the contrast of the white twigs and clear lights to the urns, gives them a more wintery feel.

This year I used a "live looking" garland around the top and sides of my front door. Adding lights makes everything glow and allows the garland to be seen from the street as well.

We would love to see your front door creations, please share with
us!

 ENJOY!
K

No comments:

Post a Comment