Friday, December 13, 2013

House Tour 2013-Table Vignettes

I love making festive vignettes throughout the house. Little surprises here and there of more holiday cheer. Here are a few of my tabletop creations this year.

Last year I found this covered house. I just fell in love with it. I added leftover greens from other projects, ribbons, lights and glittery poinsettias and this is the final creation on our coffee table.

This is the very first year I have ever displayed our nativity on a sofa table. I normally placed it underneath our Christmas tree. I rather like its location this year, as it is much more visible to everyone as they enter the family room.  I actually painted this in ceramics class in "1981."  Our nativity has been displayed in all of our houses, and traveled well throughout all of our moves. It is one of most precious Christmas displays we have.
This year I added another Villeroy Boch piece. I loved this scalloped dish and the gorgeous detail.
1. The first photo is of our tree skirt. This was embroidered in Perrysburg, OH years ago. Santas and our family last name complete the beautiful skirt.
2. Santa and his bag of toys, mercury glass candlesticks and DIY Christmas trees made from styrofoam and ornaments glued on,  are on top of our TV unit.
3. A new addition this year in the next photo is the green ceramic Christmas tree from Pottery Barn, and the hurricane lantern next to it. The Pottery Barn tree may be lit from within with strings of lights for a really pretty affect.
4. The next photo features the  NOEL DIY pillow project that I made earlier this season, and a beautiful Tartan plaid Santa--a result of a Home Goods shopping trip!

 Last but not least, I transformed my previous DIY chalkboard giving it a more festive look. I added the framed "B" and of course the 3 tiered glass pedestal dishes were filled with snow, glittery pine cones, silver ornaments and my little white owl, a new gift this year! I added the lights as a nice touch for an evening glow.


Isn't he cute?


This completes the vignettes throughout the house, but wait there is more  holiday decor coming up!

ENJOY!
K


No comments:

Post a Comment