Monday, September 16, 2013

Marvelous Monday----Fall Foyer

Last week the weather was so beautiful it begged me to get outdoors and create. I took some time to decorate the front porch. The addition of my new Fall wreath (previous post), and by taking advantage of the still beautiful purple Petunias, Dusty Miller and Licorice Vine, left-over from my Spring planting in the urns.......I only needed to add the color of Mums, and my decorative pumpkins. The white monogrammed pumpkin (I told you I love Monograms) was a project from 2012.

I purchased a  faux white pumpkin from Michael's and since my husband is great with a steady hand,
he painted the black "B" on the pumpkin for me. A little stencil paint and some patience can achieve this. You could use a stencil if you don't have a "hubby with a steady hand."

Then I turned my juices to the inside. After all the party is only 11 days away so it is time to check everything outdoors off my list!  Speaking of the party........the invitations were mailed 3 weeks ahead of time (as Emily Post recommended) and the RSVP's are coming in!!



Now focusing inside...... I started in the foyer. Since the Foyer is where first impressions are formed I wanted to add something a little bit more impressive using my Fall theme. I purchased a Starburst mirror at Homegoods (I love Starburst mirrors made from any material) and thought I would try to use it to add a bit of glitz to my vignette. I love combining shiny mercury glass with glazed and Tuscan pottery pieces. Since the wall is curved where I needed to hang the mirror, it presented a bit of a challenge but by using a little longer screw than normal, and the mirror hangs nice and straight.

Always, group in odd numbers and don't make things too matchy, matchy. It makes the look much more interesting. (To add some needed height to some of the objects, I love using books in complimentary colors.) I filled the Mercury glass vase with willow branches and twigs with green berries. Faux silver and gold pumpkins were added with beaded garland in the urns. Laying a few leaves around the base of the urns makes the vignette complete. Not bad for using leftover Fall decorative items from previous years and a Homegoods mirror! This is my result--


s


How about this for a "HELLO and WELCOME?"  Remember those words--first impressions.

Did you start on your Fall projects yet? Please share with us.....we would love to hear about them.

Wishing you a Marvelous Monday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment