Friday, August 30, 2013

Cocktail Party Invitation



I have to admit one of my most favorite things to do is host a party! I know all of my friends
and family are out there are laughing at me right now.......like they didn't already know this 
about me.

When my husband and I moved to Longwood, Florida we bought our home in the most
awesome neighborhood. By awesome, I mean warm, friendly and beautiful too!

I was a Northern girl and had such fun adjusting to the ways of Southern entertaining. I loved
the way my new neighbors made us feel welcome from the day we moved in. This 
is such an important feeling for me. Having moved so many times, the "first" of 
anything is like rolling dice, you have a 50/50 chance of leaving with a new friend.

In Florida, unlike the North, your front door is left open for a party, no door bell necessary......
just walk in to the laughter, music and friendship. Of course, the added benefit of no snow 
shoveling in the wintertime was great too!

Although, we are not always able to have our door wide open in NJ, we make sure we greet 
each guest at the door. This personal interaction is so important. Always making sure to guide
them to the food and drink area, and along the way introducing them to other guests.

Well we set our date for our Annual Harvest Cocktail Party. On September 27th, the house 
will be full of new and old friends. It's so exciting!

After setting the date, I started searching for invitations. This year I found a beautiful invitation
with a new company I have never used before; IMPRESSINPRINT.COM. The invitation is 
very important to me. I believe it is a direct reflection as to what type of party it will be.
Fall colors are always so beautiful and warm. With that in mind, this is my printed invitation.
I loved the colors and the added embellishment of leaves on the front and back of the
envelope.



As I prepare my thoughts and begin jotting down my ideas and timeline, I will share with all of you
what it takes, in my opinion, to host a warm and inviting Cocktail Party for friends!


My best wishes to you and your family for a safe and beautiful Labor Day Weekend!

GOD BLESS AMERICA!







2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post! Love it from beginning to end and can't wait to follow along. I might have to "borrow" some ideas as I'm also throwing a dinner party in Nov. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I could make it, dang it! I need to see one of these soiree's in person!

    ReplyDelete