Friday, June 28, 2013

Fourth of July Tablescape

There is nothing more spectacular than the colors red, white and blue and what they symbolize for our great nation. I am so grateful to those men and women that have put their lives on the line every day for us, and those that have selflessly given their lives for this great nation. Thank you all!

Fireworks, picnics, BBQ's, parades, and time spent with family and friends....these have all become such deep American traditions for many of us.

This year I have decided to put together a festive tablescape in celebration of this great day.

I started my project by purchasing a red stripe Vintage ticking material for my runner. I used a burlap tablecloth that I already owned underneath to keep the theme casual. Tying in the burlap casual look....I used the frosted canning jars (from my previous DIY project), added a burlap ribbon around each jar, and then added a festive blue ribbon with stars to complete the look. By filling the jars with Black-eyed Susan's, the added color of the flowers added
anther dimension to the casual tabletop.

Round red placemats, white dinnerware, and blue napkins complimented the placesettings. Blue beverage glasses were a steal at Pier One Imports and striped straws seemed an appropriate add. Small tin buckets decorated in the same patriotic theme, filled with grapevine stars and flags added a bit of whimsy to the table. These could also be used for nuts, and candies for a different variation.

I love low evening light over a dining table, so I added these Chinese lanterns that I found in Target for just the right touch. If you are evening entertaining candles would be beautiful as well.

Overall the project was so easy and fun. I hope I have inspired you to get your table ready for the upcoming holiday!


Enjoy-----

HAPPY 4th of JULY TO ALL!!!






6 comments:

  1. This looks AWESOME! It belongs in magazines across the world! Now, I need to have a party lol

    Love the sunflowers btw - are they in the frosted mason jars from your other project? Wrapped with burlap-ish material and then ribbon? So pretty - wish I was coming in to enjoy it with you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Adrienne. So glad you enjoy the tablescape. Yes these are the frosted canning jars previously used in my DIY project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I have been looking for colored glasses as I see they've come back to the table! Thanks for the ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Patty.....I LOVE colored glass as well. It is a great way to add a splash of color to a placesetting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect 4th of July table! I can't wait to try making those mason jars. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete