Thursday, October 25, 2018

COLORFUL CHRISTMAS CONTAINER GARDENING


Greetings TLB friends!

***** PLEASE EXCUSE THE FORMATTING ISSUE THERE APPEARS TO BE SOMETHING WRONG WITH BLOGGER TODAY!!

I know I may seem a little presumptuous thinking ahead to Christmas but........since we're in such a warm climate I thought I should get a bit of a head start so that the plants will be in full bloom for Christmas.

Ron and I took a trip to Lowe's and when I saw these beautiful Cranberry Pentas they became my tall focal point in the pot. These plants are loved by butterflies and their blooms are from 2-3 inches in width. I thought this would be a perfect explosion of holiday color. Isn't it funny how a color scheme starts with one plant?

Vining petunias grow well here with just a little pruning so I added white for a nice contrast with the Cranberry. Since Dusty Miller is one of my absolute favorites for a zip of contrast, and they finally arrived here in Florida, I added those for that silvery/white contrast. It reminds me of when we were children and we added those silver tinsel that glistened on the Christmas tree. My mother LOVED these, so we always had a ton of them covering our live Christmas trees! Did you have tinsel on your Christmas trees? Link to tinsel: https://www.walmart.com/ip/500ct-Silver-Tinsel-Icicle-Christmas-Garland-Strands-18/118257419

Of course this photo reflects just the beginning of my vision, but in a few weeks the color will all come alive and with some good pruning and a little "magic Miracle Grow." along the way, maybe, just maybe by Christmas----my planter will be overflowing with Christmas color!!







Whether you live in the North or the South, in my world, it's NEVER too early to start thinking of Christmas or the holidays in general!!

Happy Planting!
Kathleen




No comments:

Post a Comment