Thursday, December 17, 2015

OVERNIGHT CRANBERRY-EGGNOG COFFEE CAKE

Hi TLB friends....

Our Christmas mornings are pretty laid back. What are your Christmas mornings like? Do you open gifts and then eat breakfast or do you eat breakfast first? We attend mass the evening before so Christmas morning is spent typically in PJ's, unwrapping gifts and enjoying a hearty breakfast.



Usually a prepared egg bake is in the frig ready to pop in the oven as we open our gifts. Last year my friend gave me a new recipe that we loved:
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/219211/sister-schuberts-breakfast-bake/

This year I'm trying a new overnight coffee cake recipe also. It's called Overnight Cranberry-Eggnog Coffee Cake.  I baked one as a trial run, it was quite easy and really delish. I love things I can make the day before and bake the morning of the event.

Begin by mixing ingredients together in a large bowl, place batter in greased 13 x 9 pan, sprinkle with streusel topping and bake. Then apply glaze.

Here is the recipe:
http://www.browneyedbaker.com/cranberry-eggnog-coffee-cake/



The cake contains a hint of orange from the orange zest and the eggnog makes a very moist coffee cake.



I like a brown sugar streusel topping on my coffee cakes so I changed the white sugar to equal parts of brown sugar....and we really liked the flavor.



So if you like to enjoy your Christmas morning without the hassle of cooking in the kitchen..... why not give this delish coffee cake a try. Served slightly warm was delightful!

Happy Holidays!


Kathleen

2 comments: