Monday, September 21, 2015

HOUSE UPDATE


Welcome to Monday friends!

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Sorry that I missed you on Friday. Unfortunately, last week I was battling a cold. I haven't been sick literally in years...this took me down for a few days, but I'm back feeling much better.

Hubby and I enjoyed our first TCU game (Texas Christian University) in Fort Worth, went to Grapevine, Texas for their Grape Festival and sampled local wines.


The best part of our weekend was signing a contract to build our new home. 
We've been struggling to find a home here in the suburbs of Dallas. The Headlines in the Dallas News read....TEXAS HOUSING MARKET STILL FASTER THAN THE REST OF THE COUNTRY, DESPITE ENERGY SECTOR DECLINES
It means that North Texas housing is running 4% higher than in 2014, hitting a new record for both purchases and prices. 
***Source Dallas News June 2015

It's really not the best time for us to be buying a home here, but it's great for those that are selling. We bid on 2 homes with what we felt were very fair bids. Our realtor was shocked that we did not get either of them. We were outbid so much higher that our realtor actually questioned if they would appraise out.....but they both did! So after some defeat, but not to be defeated.....we switched gears and started looking at new builds.

We found a beautiful area with an island of 16 homes that extend out onto a golf course. Every home will enjoy a golf course view from their back yard. We were pretty excited! Below are a few photos..... 


With our contract signed we now proceed to the Design Center for several visits. That's my job......and I love it! I've been perusing magazines and Pinterest, and my old files from our previous home of things that we want to include in the new house. I can't wait to get started.

Here is an artist rendition of basically what our home will resemble. (it is actually a 3 car garage, sideload is not shown in the pic) This is not reflective of the color palette we will be using....but you can get an idea of what the final product will look like next May. 


Thanks so much for stopping by today. I'll be sharing our building milestones with you along the way, even my selections for each room. I'll also be continuing my DIY projects and Foodie Friday. 


                                                   Wishing you a wonderful day!

                                                        
                Kathleen

Remember to join us on Pinterest, Facebook and Instagram!


















2 comments:

  1. Exciting!!! So happy to hear of your next (HUGE!) project, Kathleen, although sorry to hear of the market conditions being unfavorable right now. My nephew is going the new build route (his first), in Katy. Any pearls of wisdom to pass along for first time builders might be a good post (or lessons learned over your numerous). {hint hint}
    You're in Big XII country, of which WV is a party to. Lots of West Virginians travel for those games - we play TCU, Baylor, and TX. :)
    Hope your week is stellar!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Rita,
    Thanks.....it is exciting! Your nephew will love Katy. We used to live in Houston so I am a bit familiar with the Katy area. Great for families! I'll definitely be sharing our journey on the blog.....no matter how many times we've moved there's always something more to add to the list of sharing! Yes, we are in Big XII country....kind of fun!
    Have a great day!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete