Monday, January 12, 2015

WINTER WONDERLAND CENTERPIECE

Like many of you, here in the Northeast we've been hit with frigid temperatures that have encompassed most of the nation. As I looked out at the dusting of new fallen snow and icy streets, I thought why not bring the beauty of outdoors inside.......hence my WINTER WONDERLAND centerpiece was created!





Sometimes it's as easy as taking our cues from our surroundings........




I was lucky enough to run into an 80% off sale in Michaels! The beautiful wintry birch covered pots, filled with icy blue Cedar branches were just perfect for my centerpiece.



I've always loved the phrase "Fire and Ice," therefore, I had to add the candles!





You may notice my beautiful vintage find.... silver sugar bowl........it looks perfect with the icy branches and sparkly pine cones. And my crystal candlesticks that hubby gifted me from his business trip to Ireland. They are Galway crystal.....and I've always loved their simplistic design.


Just because it's snowy and frigid doesn't mean our creative juices take a break, it's actually when they can go into overdrive. Take a peek outside your window and get creating........there's nothing more beautiful than a fresh blanket of pure white snow to inspire an indoor Winter Wonderland!!



Wishing you a wonderfully creative day!

                                       Kathleen

***Don't forget to sign up to have The Lavender Bouquet delivered via email. Just fill in the box marked email address on the right side of the blog page. The blog will be in your email box Monday, Wednesday & Friday. 
















2 comments: