Wednesday, August 20, 2014

TOURING MY SISTER'S GARDENS


 Good Morning Wednesday My Friends!

I just spent some time with family for a few days and took shameless advantage of photographing my sister's flower gardens. She has such a green thumb. Everything looks so beautiful I had to snap a few photos to share with you!

WELCOME TO MY SISTER'S HOME--

My sister and brother-in-law have completely restored their home back to its original state both inside and outside. I love the cobblestone that wraps the entire lower level of the home with the contrast of the siding and shutters.


My sister made vignettes using red and orange pops of color in the evergreens, lantern and wreath on the door. What a beautiful greeting as you walk up the steps. You can see that by adding just a hint of color your eye catches every object in the vignette. (below)



Along her walkway you will find many different perennials that provide bursts of color throughout the Summer and Fall.



Smaller vignettes are scattered around her yard.



I thought this window box (below) was quite unique. She added a Pepper plant and a Basil plant just outside her door for easy clipping!


There is a beautiful cobblestone fence that surrounds her side yard. (below) It was built with the original house and has a small trenched potting area on top. This year my sister planted Lantana for the first time in this area and it's really thriving! She has tried petunias and other plant varieties, but nothing has produced constant color like the Lantana.

Take a look at how beautiful it is......


I hope you all enjoyed the garden tour at my sister's home today. Last year I featured my Mother's beautiful gardens, and this year my sister's. Can you see the green thumb pattern I was born in to? How about you? Do you like to garden? Share your story with us.

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

Kathleen

***See you on Foodie Friday!!

7 comments:

  1. Oh Kathleen how gorgeous. Love that cobblestone on the house too. Everything is just so welcoming and pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kris, I will pass your compliments along to my sister! And as always, thanks so much for stopping by!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Oh my, that cobblestone wall with the Lantana is breathtaking! I love cobblestone so of course I loved her home! We had cobblestone on our previous home. She definitely does have a green thumb and I so enjoyed the tour!
    hugs,
    Jann

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jann,
      Thanks so much! That combination of Lantana and cobblestone was sure her winner this year! I will pass along your compliments. Thanks for stopping by.
      Kathleen

      Delete
  3. What a gorgeous home and it looks like it's in a neighborhood of beautiful homes! You took wonderful photos of the colorful flowers! Lantana grows really well in Florida and we have quite a bit in our flower beds. (we don't garden much any more though) But I love flowers! Enjoy your week! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lavender Dreamer!
      Thanks so much for stopping by and your sweet comments! We have a home in Florida also and I have the yellow Lantana down there. It grows so fast I have to trim it! So glad you enjoyed my sister's gardens.
      Have a great weekend!
      Kathleen

      Delete
  4. Your sister’s home is very beautiful! It certainly helped that her garden is maintained very well. The bright colors of the ornamental plants and the other greens added to the overall appearance. Anyway, I wish you could also give your readers a tour inside. I bet it’s also quite beautiful in there. Thanks for sharing!

    Naomi Walters @ Chicora

    ReplyDelete