Monday, June 23, 2014

LIGHT, BRIGHT & CHEERY!

After attending my first COUNTRY LIVING FAIR I couldn't wait to get home and unload my goodies that I had purchased. Today I'm sharing with you one of my most beautiful purchases from Betsy Olmsted of Print & Repeat Design. (www.betsyolmsted.com)

I was like a kid in a candy shop. I wanted to buy everything that Betsy had displayed but settled on a Vintage Dresser Scarf. At the time I had a million places to display it, however, because it is so beautiful I wanted to display it where everyone could admire it too.

I decided the sofa table needed a new look. Starting with Betsy's work I added a soft flowing fern in my soup tureen. I had a dark brown wooden candlestick nearby that caught my eye and the golden candle in it that blended nicely with the golds in her design. Finally, some colorful books with a great red spine and an artichoke filled with wine corks that ironically had stained ends that were a burgundy color. The corks added a nice texture without taking away from the beautiful dresser scarf.

Here are my results-
















Thanks for joining me today....it's amazing how one small change of something bright and light can bring such cheer to a room. I hope I have inspired you to look around to see what you can add to do the same in your home.....think, light, bright (like sunshine in the Summer) and cheery!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY!

Kathleen

***Thanks for stopping by. See you on  WEDNESDAY! 

6 comments:

  1. Suzanne of Simply Suzannes at Home

    Thanks so much for coming by and taking the time to leave a comment. I appreciate every one of them.
    Your family room is beautiful. I'm particularly in love with the runner on your table. It's so bright and cheery . . . and looks like a piece of art. Love that kind of stuff :0)
    Keep in touch!
    Have a great week,
    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting Suzanne! Looking forward to keeping in touch.

      Delete
  2. Good Morning Kathleen,
    I love the new runner you got. The colors are perfect for your room. Very pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Thanks so much for commenting. Betsy is such a beautiful artist....I couldn't resist bringing home a piece of her work. Have a great week!

      Delete
  3. Great purchases that make all the difference in a home's decor...

    ReplyDelete