Wednesday, April 30, 2014

SPRING REINVENTION OF THE DREADED ENTERTAINMENT CENTER

I have always changed some of my inside decor by season. But I didn't go crazy reinventing every room in the house. Life was always so busy with the family, it just wasn't a priority. I still ;don't change things in every room. I add touches to the rooms we most frequent, kitchen, family room, dining room, and a touch in the powder room. Subtle changes go a long way. 

But this year, since I have started blogging I thought maybe I would "kick it up a notch" and make more of a change in the family room. Everywhere I look I see navy in some form, from plates to pillows and so on. So, I chose to add Navy or deep forms of blue into my Family Room.

Today's blog reflects the changes I have made to the Entertainment Center. It is, after all, that necessary evil that many of us must contend with. This massive unit is 9 ft. long by 7 ft. high so you can't miss it when you enter the room! Hubby says you have to have a 52" screen for Sports!

BEFORE



AFTER

From my husband's travels abroad I have a nice collection of Blue Delf that has sadly been packed away. So I broke open the boxes, dusted them off, and added some of our "boxed up memories" to the shelves. 


I placed my Vietri platter in it's rightful place, centered on top of the unit. Great memories from my trip to North Carolina with my middle daughter. 

 
Buddha also joined our family from one of my hubby's trips to China. Isn't his jolly smile contagious?


The antique crystal candy dish is a gift from my Mom.


The books throughout were from my hubby's Mother.



The Kosta Boda votive sets off a beautiful glow when lit.....kind of like twinkling snow in the moonlight.








I hope you have enjoyed the Entertainment Center transformation. Working with TV's can be quite challenging, but with my approach I hope I have drawn your eye to the "beautiful memories" that we have created........of course not on sports days!

Wishing you a wonderful Wednesday!

                                         Kathleen

***Feel free to leave a comment to let us know how we're doing. See you on Foodie Friday with a very colorful day of fun!






6 comments:

  1. I am loving all the blue this year! Of course, it's always been a "friend' of mine! Love the unit transformation Kathleen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there ! you really do have a special talent Kathie <3 Love it ... Monica

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Patty Mark.....I know how you love blue also!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Boca Babe Travel. I appreciate the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is difficult to accessorize a large piece like your entertainment unit. You have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete