Friday, April 4, 2014

FOODIE FRIDAY---ASPARAGUS SOUP WITH SCALLOPS

The height of the season is NOW for asparagus, so why not feature a dish made with it. My husband and I love asparagus!

While I was in flight to Florida I had purchased some magazines to read during the flight to pass the time. One of the magazines was House Beautiful April 2014. I typically turn to this magazine for its decorating ideas and great articles, but this time I found a delicious recipe for Asparagus Soup with Perfect Sea Scallops. I couldn't wait to get home to try it.

I made this recipe last evening for my husband and it's being filed as a keeper in our house. We both remarked on how delicious it is, however, we decided that personally, we didn't need the 1 cup of heavy cream, nor the calories that accompany it. The soup was delicious without it. Preparation is not too fussy....but allow time to chop, saute' and puree. This would be a wonderful recipe to serve to guests you would like to impress. It can be made ahead. You don't have to add the scallops if you are not a fan. The soup is delicious alone. The scallops are as well.


You may find the link to the recipe here:
http://www.housebeautiful.com/kitchens/recipes/asparagus-soup-recipe-0414?click=main_sr

This meal fits into a Foodie Friday Meatless category for those of us who celebrate Lent or don't eat meat. Let me know if you give it a try.......I would love to hear your comments.

                                                        Have a wonderful weekend!

                                      Kathleen

*****Thanks so much for visiting THE LAVENDER BOUQUET! Don't forget to stop back on Monday!






No comments:

Post a Comment