Monday, November 25, 2013

Giving Thanks For Family and Friends!


With Thanksgiving just a few days away, we are in full preparation mode. My husband and I arrived in WNY safely. We drove through just a few bouts of snow flurries and ice in the usual areas, the Southern Tier, Syracuse and Rochester. Nothing like the snow we witnessed as kids growing up in WNY. Sure hope those days are behind us when the snow is up to the my Mom's clothesline!

My mother has much of the preparation under control. Her lists were made a long time ago and everything is purchased except those last minute food items with a short shelf life. I think she has been baking for her grandchildren and children for months making everything we all LOVE for the holidays.

The flights bringing all of the grandchildren home start today and continue into Thanksgiving morning. A full house by noon on Thanksgiving day..........no more quiet moments, just laughter, great food and wonderful new memories to be created.

I am thankful for our families and the fact we will be able to see most of  my husband's family and my entire family. We will be together for our celebrations of Thanksmas-----one Thanksgiving dinner and two Christmas dinners all in one weekend..........whew! We may have to jog back to New Jersey after consuming all of the goodies!

As we approach Thanksgiving, we would like to wish all of you a safe and blessed holiday!

HAPPY TURKEY DAY!
K


No comments:

Post a Comment