Friday, November 29, 2013

Foodie Friday------Matzo Ball Soup for Hanukkah

Hanukkah began on the eve of November 27th this year. Many families celebrated "thanksgivukkah," as Thanksgiving is celebrated the day after the first Hanukkah calendars are lit on Wednesday.  The merging of these two holidays will not happen again for another 77,798 years.

In honor of Hanukkah I decided for Foodie Friday to feature a delicious recipe for Matzo Ball Soup. I found this recipe on the Food Network website and decided to make it for my brother-in-law. He gave me rave reviews so I thought I would share this recipe with all of you. The combination of fresh herbs and vegetables resulted in an absolutely delicious broth that could be used as a base for other soups as well. My photo reflects a more tomato broth  look because I added extra tomatoes. Usually the soup will look more like a chicken broth. (http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/food-network-kitchens/matzo-ball-soup-recipe/index.html)





Wishing you wonderful weekend and a Happy Hanukkah--Lance and Patty!

CHEERS!
K



No comments:

Post a Comment