Thursday, June 6, 2013

Summer Living

I hope, wherever you call home, you have been fortunate enough to have been experiencing some of these lovely days. We are a bit overcast today so it is a perfect day for me to play catch-up inside.

We have had so many projects to complete during our renovation, the sunroom was the last on the list. I couldn't wait to make a comfy cozy reading nook for those days and nights that beg grabbing that new book, curling up with a cup of coffee (or a nice glass of vino) and venturing off to wherever my book will take me.

Fortunately, the rooms structure and flooring are great so all I really had to do is populate it. Yay, the fun part! I moved two of our comfy reading chairs (borrowed from our bedroom for the summer), and began to build. One investment I made was a trellis style Royal blue and white rug to anchor the setting. (Frontgate.com)  It gives just the pop of color I was looking for. From our travels I have collected pieces of Polish Pottery in cobalt blue and lime green pattern that seemed to blend nicely with the terra cotta tiled floor; adding a fun light vibe to the room. Then came throw pillows (HomeGoods) in lime, browns, blues. Grabbing pieces from my closets and cabinets to accent was easy once the theme was established.

Take a look:


The bar in the background is the old cabinetry from the kitchen island that we salvaged. Ron plans on working his magic on those "next year" to complete the bar area...until then my draped fabric look is working just fine. I have learned that patience is not one of my strong suits, but I am getting better.

Above the bar, I purchased a mirror from HomeGoods because I loved the frame. Ron used a chalkboard spray paint and turned it into a chalkboard that allows us to create messages for whatever event we are hosting. It provides a personal touch to help make our guests feel welcome.

Since the room is now completed, it's time for some "Summer Living" and first on the list is a good book. My friend has recommended, A Hundred Summers by Beatrix Williams. It was just released on May 31st, so I am off to pick up a copy or maybe I will surprise my daughters with my techy capabilities, and download it to my Kindle! Have any of you read it yet? What are you reading? Please share with us!

Have a awesome day!

No comments:

Post a Comment