Wednesday, October 22, 2014

UNIQUE FALL TABLESCAPE

Welcome to Wednesday!

Since we have gotten back from Florida we've had some beautiful sunny days, but our temps dipped to 33 overnight! As my husband says, "there was frost on the pumpkins!"

I've been busy trying to come up with a Fall tablescape that's really different. I came across a black and white striped runner that I made for my neice's bridal shower a few years ago and decided to use it as my foundation.


Did I ever mention that I love repurposing things? I always get a great feeling when I know what I'm making has the potential to be used mulitple times and in different ways. Also, I was able to recycle my gifted coffee table planter into what you see below. By merely removing the plants and placing them in new containers they look entirely different. The colors of Fall abound in all three of the plants.


I chose the purple linen napkins because purple is a nice compliment to the golds, oranges and shiny items I decided to use. (and I love purple Mums!)





By adding the Fall orange in the form of pumpkins and beautiful golden toned leaves, it began to look a little more Fall like.


Golden sprayed pinecones and gourds along with crystal votives and candlesticks gives a nice shiny appearance.

The only thing I purchased in the entire tablescape was the chargers. I had read about the new release of a Better Homes & Gardens collection in Walmart so I went to check it out. These chargers were a very inexpensive add to my tablescape and I just love all of the beautiful leaf and pinecone detail on them!


I hope you've been inspired to think "outside the box" for your next Fall tablescape. The colors of Fall are everywhere right now...while you are out driving or walking take notes, and go home and create your Fall masterpiece with God's creation of color!

Wishing you a colorful day!

Kathleen

***Thanks so much for stopping by. Don't forget.....you can subscribe to THE LAVENDER BOUQUET blog and have it delivered directly to your email. Just follow this link----
http://thelavenderbouquet.blogspot.com and fill in the email box located on the right-hand side of the page. You will be asked to verify your email and that's it...it's that easy! Hope to see you soon!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kathleen,
    So pretty. I love that you used other non traditional plants in with your decor for fall. Love the pepper plant so unique. Love the chargers you found at Walmart too. Gotta love Walmart. Happy Fall Day.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Kris! It's always fun experimenting....so glad you like the tablescape. I appreciate you stopping by.
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete