Wednesday, September 3, 2014

DIY AUTUMN WREATH

I ventured out to some of my favorite craft stores yesterday in search of Autumn inspiration. I was basically looking for a new way to make a wreath for my front door, something a bit different by using a square shape. The selection was pretty limited. Square is just not that popular, however, the square wire wreath frame below seemed just perfect.



Then came the dilemma of how and what will I attach to the frame?? Searching up and down the aisles at Joann Fabric I came across a beautiful leafy garland with shades of gold, brown, red and orange. It was more than sufficient in length to provide all of the leafy fullness that I needed to cover the frame.



I started by attaching the garland with florist wire directly to the frame.  


As I worked around the perimeter, then trimmed some of the leaves from the garland and hot glued them to strategic places so that the metal frame was not exposed.

To embellish the wreath adding faux acorns, small purple berry clusters and pheasant feathers seemed just enough for that touch of Autumn. In lieu of a bow, I chose a simple piece of burlap ribbon to secure the wreath to the top of the door.


The materials used made it difficult to create nice sharp corners, but the final DIY showcases a brilliant display of Autumn greeting our guests at the front door.

Are you making an Autumn wreath this year? What are you using for your frame.......grapevine, wire, twig? Feel free to share your ideas with us....it's a great way for all of us to learn!

Wishing you a wonderfully creative Wednesday!

Kathleen

***Thanks so much for stopping by today and WELCOME to ALL of our new friends!! Our blog subscribers and Facebook page has grown immensely during the last week. See you on Thursday for Devine Find!


2 comments:

  1. It looks beautiful Kathleen. I love the square shape. Very pretty.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      You are always so sweet--thank you so much! I hope your week is going well.
      Kathleen

      Delete