Monday, October 13, 2014

HARVEST COCKTAIL PARTY

Good Morning Monday friends!

It was a slightly misty cool evening, but our party spirits weren't dampened. The 3rd Annual Harvest Cocktail party at our home was a success. 

The beautiful floral arrangement below was a gift from a special friend. Each year she personally delivers her hostess gift to me before the party and each year it's perfect for my coffee table. I love this idea, one I think I will start paying forward. How about you, isn't this a terrific idea?


Our home was filled with the laughter of good friends, the scents of Fall and some delish food and drink.

I chose the color scheme this year when this beautiful pepper plant caught my eye on our trip to Terrain. It's unique and colorful appearance made it's way to it's rightful place of honor on the bar table..... the color palette was established.....red, gold and purple.  



This year the bar was set up in our living room. Only a couple of pieces of furniture were removed, opening the room up for mingling. The bar's new location made for easy navigation from the foyer directly into the living room. We did hire a bartender so that my husband and I were able to greet our guests. In my opinion this personal touch is really important if it fits into your budget.




My hubby hollowed out the pumpkin and poured Parafin wax inside to prevent water leakage then filled it with ice....a really unique Fall touch displaying white wine or even soda.





We also changed the location of the food this year. It was moved to the family room in place of a sofa table that was relocated. The new table location eliminated our need for wait staff. Everything was in easy reach for our guests to serve themselves as they mingled.





This year I got a bit nostalgic when planning the food choices for the evening menu. Some of the recipes I've used this year were updated versions of food that had been successful at some of our parties back in the 80's. 

Cocktail Party Menu:

-Spicy Pickled Shrimp
-Vegan Grain free Stuffed Mushrooms
-Caprese Pops
-Caramelized French Onion Dip
-Cocktail Meatballs w/homemade BBQ sauce
-Varietal Cheese tray

Simple bar set-up:
-Merlot & Cab
-Chardonnay & Pinot Grigio
-Craft Beer
-Pellegrino and several soda flavors

 On the menu:

The Spicy Pickled Shrimp was the hit of the evening. There were "4" shrimp left on the plate at the end of the party! 



Remember the French Onion dip way back when? This recipe puts the "oldie" to shame. Compliments were flying!!!



My hubby loves mushrooms and these were given his seal of approval; guests apparently felt the same way, they were completely gone!



The Caprese Pops were loved by all! A 3rd runner-up for hit of the party. So easy and delish!



This was the best meatball recipe I've ever made. The meatballs stay nice and firm....not like some that fall apart in preparation. These were the 2nd best hit of the evening!



Because every party needs a bit of sweets....we always have candy dishes filled with Marsha's Buckeye's from Perrysburg, OH----a family favorite from our days we called Perrysburg home.



AND-----mouth watering Italian cookies with a few decadent mini cupcakes.



I hope you've enjoyed our cocktail party pics. This week on FOODIE FRIDAY I will feature all of the recipes I used at the party. Hope to see you then!

Have a wonderful day!


Kathleen


 *****Please join us on Wednesday for our HALLOWEEN decorations!



2 comments:

  1. Kathleen,
    What a beautiful party and all your touches are gorgeous. I bet your guest loved coming to the party. Your centerpiece made by your friend is so pretty. I am going to have to check out that onion dip for my next party.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris,
      Thanks for the sweet comments and for stopping by! I'm posting all of the recipes on Foodie Friday this week.

      Delete