Wednesday, July 2, 2014

TLB'S BACKYARD STYLE!

It's been so warm here since Summer hit us officially. Is it hot where you live too? I've been working on photo shoots of the patio and front of the house and today it's sweltering. 

This year I mentioned changing up the color combinations and type of flowers that I am using in patio pots. Remember my "Fiesta Colors?" Well, they are in full bloom and providing just the right color I envisioned on the patios. A little Miracle Grow and WOW color explosion!

Take a look and tell me what you think. This is our top patio off the family room. I love outdoor spaces.





Below is part of the lower patio where we added a small flower bed corner this year. We planted Butterfly bushes, Plume grass (slowly growing in the back) and golden Marigolds. No hummingbirds yet. Last year they loved the Lantana...I may have to get some yet this year. They are such a beautiful delicate bird and so fun to watch.



Loungers are ready for this weekend!

Last weeks DIY Grilling Cart is ready for some BBQ'ing!

I'm so pleased with the gorgeous colors. Just what I had envisioned. What do you think? What colors are you using this year?





(Below) This year I added a new cozy vignette for two to our patio. Both patios are so large I decided to start by anchoring the area with an outdoor rug. A new purchase this year is the small table from World Market. By adding just the two chairs and an umbrella it keeps the vignette small and cozy. Just about the size of the tables on the sidewalks in Paris!  

The palms, flowers and lime green lantern give it a bit of color and texture. The red seat cushions are a nice strong add to the look. I took my cue from the red petunias that I just love!



(Below) Under the market umbrella is a place to escape the sun. Notice the DIY napkin/silverware caddy from the blog two weeks ago? The Frontgate round rug is a new add this year also. I love the round shape. It's such a large space, the rug helps to anchor the dining area on the patio.


The lime tablescape blends with all of the green surroundings creating a soft, airy setting.



Thanks for taking a tour of our patios. I hope you enjoyed your visit! Please feel free to leave us a comment.

Have a wonderful day!

Kathleen

P.S. Thanks so much for stopping by. We would love to hear from you!



6 comments:

  1. Oh Kathleen I just want to stop by and sit out on your pretty patio. What a great backyard sanctuary you have created. Love all the colors you picked too. So beautiful. Enjoy that patio on the 4th.
    Kris

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kris @Junkchiccottage,
      Thanks so much for your comments!!! You are welcome anytime, we provide nice cool drinks too!

      Kathleen

      Delete
  2. Who knew you had so many patios?! Just gorgeous! Loving the bright flowers this year - they make the space. Happy 4th and enjoy your visitors!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amelia Mickley!
      Yes, we have two big patios that require some thought when it comes to making them a bit cozy. The flowers seem to be a hit this year...guess it was the right choice. Glad you like them!
      Happy 4th to you!

      Delete
  3. Kathleen, oh my gosh, I love everything about your backyard living spaces! I love the groupings, the rugs, your bright colors, your flowers - what a feast (and fiesta) of colors! I can see how having the two large patios would seem difficult to arrange for good flow, but you've done a great job! I love Frontgate (when they have a sale, lol!).
    It's all really great - very inviting.

    I have a courtyard outside of my sunroom that we use (most people would rather stay in the air conditioned sunroom vs outside, but I still like the outside space). We bought one of those huge, cantilevered umbrellas (13') from Sam's a couple years ago, and have a market umbrella (11') out in the yard with the loungers. They are life savers with full sun landscapes! Until this year, I was using warm colored containers on my courtyard, but this year went with some cool colors. My landscape has lots of reds, though.

    Have a Happy 4th!
    Rita

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rita C,
    So nice to hear from you and all of your compliments!!! Your courtyard sounds lovely! I think a cantilevered umbrella would be nice to have in our space too. It provides more place to get out of the sun......thanks for that tip!! Your container colors sound so pretty too.
    Have a Happy 4th!
    Kathleen

    ReplyDelete