Wednesday, November 29, 2017

MOVING AHEAD TO CHRISTMAS

Thinking ahead to Christmas! 

Wow....my life has been all things "wedding" for quite some time. I must say it was a simply glorious day when our middle daughter was married, and now we have a new "son-in law" that we adore. But we won't be a family of "6," very long! Soon after the New Year we will be a family of "7!" Our oldest daughter is pregnant with our first grandchild.....2018 is going to be a busy busy year for us! We are blessed with a new son-in-law AND we are going to be grandparents for the first time! How exciting is that?

Since we've been in celebration mode, I decided that hubby and I should host a Holiday
Cocktail party at our new home. I must be crazy, but I decided to keep the good vibes rolling!

We built our home on a cul-de-sac street of 16 homes last year. Currently there are 15 homes now occupied. I was thinking what better way to meet the neighbors than to host a party....and what better time of year to do so! So we set the date for December 9th. 

I've nearly completed the inside decorating for Christmas except for the "live" tree that we will grab early next week. It's a bit early for a fresh tree here in Texas. I do want some needles left by Christmas!  I'm waiting for hubby who has been away on business to assist with the outdoor decor, so in the meantime I've been decorating inside and  planning food and drinks for the party. I'll be sharing all of my ideas with you in an upcoming blog.

Until then....take a peek at some of the Christmas decorations I've completed!






Have a wonderful weekend.......see you next week!


                            Kathleen

No comments:

Post a Comment