Friday, October 17, 2014

RECIPES FROM THE COCKTAIL PARTY

Welcome to Foodie Friday!

I think the toughest part of having a party are the last minute details, like food prep. Today's blog has photos and recipe links of everything that was served at our party. I also took a few photos while prepping some of the dishes.


-Spicy Pickled Shrimp


This is an easy dish, prep takes a bit but it's worth it. It is a "must do" the day before so that it may marinate.




I wanted to make sure that the shrimp was sweet and delish so I bought organic and peeled and devein it myself. 


-Vegan Grain free Stuffed Mushrooms

Delicious but recipe requires a bit of prep, a "must do" the day of the party.




-Caprese Pops

I made my pops the day of the party. They are easy and they make a beautiful fresh presentation.


Recipe:
-small tomatoes
-fresh mozzarella balls (cherry size)
-fresh basil
-package of sucker sticks (lollipop)
-Balsamic Glaze

Thread tomato, basil and cheese on stick. Drizzle with Balsamic glaze.

-Caramelized French Onion Dip

This is a great recipe to do a day or two ahead. The flavor of all of the carmelized onions just gets better.



-Cocktail Meatballs w/homemade BBQ sauce

Best meatball recipe I have ever worked with. Follow the directions exactly....great BBQ sauce too!






That about wraps up the party. It's a lot of work to entertain, but the evening was so worth it.

                     Have a wonderful weekend!


                      Kathleen










No comments:

Post a Comment